Car Hire at Manchester Airport
Although you will come across a large number of car hire companies offering car hire at Manchester Airport, only six actually have branches within the Airport Terminals. These are obviously the easiest and most convenient ones to deal with, as you can collect your luggage and make arrangement to collect your car at the desk directly outside the arrivals hall.
You can get a free online car hire quote for your Manchester Car Hire here
Manchester Airport Car Rental
If you are visiting the UK and have not driven a hire car here before, below are a few tips to bear in mind when driving on our roads:
- In the UK cars travel on the left-hand side of the road and overtake on the right and there is no automatic priority for cars coming from the left.
- On roundabouts you should always give priority to cars coming from the right.
- At junctions a broken line indicates that you should wait and give way to traffic on the other road.
- It is compulsory for drivers and passengers to wear fitted seat belts at all times
- You will find petrol and service stations are at frequent intervals along main roads and in towns and villages. Filling stations on motorways may be as much as 70km apart but are open 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- Unless street signs show a lower limit the single carriageway speed limits are 96 km/h (60 mph); the dual carriageways/motorway limit is 112 km/h (70 mph). The normal speed limit in towns and built up areas in 48 km/h (30 mph); although some approaches and motorways around populated areas have clearly marked speed limits of 64 km/h (40 mph).
- Parking in towns and cities is normally metered or at paying car parks. Avoid parking on double yellow lines at any time. Many towns and cities offer "park and ride" bus services which run a regular intervals to the shopping areas and local attractions.
Car Hire Companies at Manchester Airport
There are seven rent a car companies located at the airport: Alamo at Manchester - Avis at Manchester - Budget at Manchester - Enterprise at Manchester - Europcar at Manchester- Hertz at Manchester - Sixt at Manchester
The rent a car offices are open daily from 07:00 to 23:00 in Terminal 1: in Terminal 2 they normally open between 07:00 and 20:00 and in Terminal 3 from 07:00-21:30
Check when booking your car which terminal you should collect your vehicle from as it will save you time when you arrive at the airport.