Liverpool John Lennon Airport Car Hire
When hiring a car in the UK it is advisable to pre-book the vehicle as this often offers the best deal, and if you arrange to collect it when you land at the airport it cuts down on transfer costs to your final destination.
Most car rental companies offer a Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) which takes care of damage that may happen to your vehicle, whether or not it is your fault. Some travellers choose to use insurance offered by their credit card companies but check that if an accident occurs your card is not automatically charged before the claim is settled.
When you collect your rent a car take a few minutes to familiarise yourself with the headlights, windscreen wipers, and any security features on the vehicle. This is your opportunity to ask the car hire representative about any features that you are unfamiliar with. Also check the car for any damage that may have already occurred that the company has not recorded. For example, if there is a scratch on the car that is not listed as "previous damage" you may well be charged for it.
Car Hire at Liverpool Airport
Compared to other European countries, UK petrol prices are high and rising. Fuel here is taxed twice: firstly by fuel duty and then by VAT. Fuel duty is a fixed amount (47.1p per litre for unleaded and diesel) and VAT is a percentage (17.5%).
If you follow the guidelines below they will assist in reducing your fuel bill when driving you hire car in Liverpool:
- Keeping your speed down can reduce the fuel consumption of the engine.
- Find the shortest route to make the journey more economical.
- Cut the air conditioning as it increases the car's fuel consumption
- Close the windows as open windows and sun-roofs create drag
- Check out the difference in prices charged by garages in the area you are staying in and avoid filling up at motorway service stations as their prices tend to be higher.
- Try to drive as smoothly as possible and maintain a steady speed as braking and accelerating regularly will reduce the number of miles per litre the car will use. Remember to keep a gap of at least two seconds from the car in front of you.
- When queuing in heavy traffic turn off the engine to avoid wasting fuel.
You can get a free online car hire quote for your Liverpool Car Hire here
Car Hire Companies at Liverpool Airport
Six of the major car hire companies operate from the airport next to the Arrivals area. The car rental area where you return your car is conveniently situated close to the airport terminal building. They are: Alamo at Liverpool - Avis at Liverpool -Enterprise at Liverpool - Europcar at Liverpool - Hertz at Liverpooland National at Liverpool