Blackpool Airport Trains
There is no station at the airport but Preston Station is on the West Coast Main Line and is served by Northern Rail, Virgin Trains, the TransPennine Express and the Central Citylink service. There are also two early morning sleepers operated by First ScotRail.
The airport terminal is only five minutes walk from the Squire's Gate Railway Station where a sprinter train departs at approximately 53 minutes past every hour to Preston train station. From Preston station there are regular rail links to the rest of the UK. A train ticket can be purchased on the train.
To get to the train station after you leave the the terminal cross the short stay car park, turn left past the Premier Travel Inn and join the main road. The station is a short walk to your left.
Alternatively, regular trains run direct to Preston station from Blackpool North train station which is approximately 10 minutes from the airport by taxi.
For National Rail Enquires, visit www.nationalrailenquiries.co.uk or call 08457 484950.
Trains at Blackpool Airport
There are currently 6 full sized and 2 stub platforms at Preston.
- Platform 1 runs branch line services to Blackpool North, and Blackpool South. Ormskirk services terminate here.
- Platform 2 runs branch services to Liverpool and Manchester, and also TransPennine links on the East Lancashire Line.
- Platform 3 is used almost exclusively for Virgin trains northwards to Lancaster, Carlisle and Scotland on the West coast Main Line. . Local branch services to Lancaster, Barrow and Morecambe also use this platform. At the far south end of platform 3 is platform 3C used mainly for services to Lime Street Station in Liverpool
- Platform 4 is used for Virgin trains to London Euston on the West Coast Main Line. It is also used for Manchester, Liverpool, and Buxton bound services. As with platform 3, there is a 4C at the far south end of platform 4 which is mainly used for terminating services from Ormskirk and Colne during peak times when platforms 1 and 2 are busy.
- Platforms 5 and 6 are used for a mixture of southern and northern services: both Virgin and local branch lines.
For details of timetables and fares please click on the links to the various railway operators above.